Sunday, January 14, 2007

Made in Heaven - part III

I was blankly looking at her as these past thoughts went in my mind. She didn't raise her head towards us and offered us coffee with her head bowed down.
"I wont mind if you look at my son once in a while", my mom remarked with a smile. All of burst into gentle laugh. Geetha looked at us as she smiled for the joke. There seemed to be no change in her expression as her eyes shookhands with my eyes for a second. My head was banged with a hundred thoughts. What's going on here??? Doesn't she realize that its me , Kishore?? Sure she must have found out about it. I was the one who agreed to meet the girl without having a second look at the photo but I was sure she must have recognized bymy photo by looking at my educational qualifications(college).
What is she thinking ?? Has her mind changed and is she in love with me?? What crap!!!!! My mind was churning out ridiculous imaginations. Think she must have agreed just for the heck of it ,without thinking much about it. That was the stupid explanation my simple mind was able to come with. So what am I supposed to do now???
Leave the place saying "sorry guys but the girl had rejected me once already!!!!??" I felt the same way I felt when I was put into my first project. Not able to understand anything and just wishing it would end soon.
The girl's dad seemed to have noticed my confusion . "Why Mr.Kishore . would you like to have a private conversation with Geetha??", he enquired. "Huh???........ hmm...yeah yeah.. I mean .. I was just thinking about that" I couldn't tell him that I was planning to run out of there. "Why don't we guys have a look at the terrace ??? the breeze on the terrace is unbelievable. Lets leave these people alone for while. Today's generation is a lot different from ours. They like to talkout everything in advance ", Geetha's dad was saying. "You are right, also I was kind a eager to see your terrace anyway, ha ha!! " , so saying my dad got up from his seat.
Soon we were left alone. Geetha looked as beautiful as I had always known her . She looked more mature than the college days and the girlish charm in her face hadmade way for the confidence and intelligence of a working woman. Ever since I saw her a few minutes back ,I could hear "Rangeela*" beats played bythe master percussionist "Drums sivamani" from my heart.
She was still looking at the floor and it looked like she thinking. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Here is a girl who taught me to enjoy beauty of the world. Who added colors to my world .
The girl who made me realize the beauty of sunrise and regularity of the waves. The girl who made me notice lyrics in melodies and appreciate them. The girl who made me smile more when Iwas alone than when I was with some company.
The one who gave me the most wonderful experience I went through. The one who gave me the most painful experience I can ever imagine. The girl who ignited the flames of love and who carried on with her normal life while I pained in the fire without getting burnt up.
The girl who didn't share the love in my heart and the one with whom fate has set up a meeting , the result of which could decide whethermy life is shared with her!!!! Given a choice I would still be ready to embrace her with my love and would cherish her for the rest of my life. But..... There was another thought that was dancing in the corner of my mind. I was laughing at the situation. I remembered when I had shamelessly confessed my love and was waiting impatiently for her reply. But nowiam in her home and she is waiting for my decision!!!
Or is she???? Does she have any other thoughts/plans???!!! I suddenly remembered that I had talk something. But what?? "Geetha". "mmm??", she was still looking at the floor. Whats with this false shyness anyway!!!!
"You know.....uh.. I mean , you know that i am....."
"Don't be silly Kishore. Ofcourse I recognize you", she shot back.
The rapid fire reply was still intact. "You knew its me and still you didn't say no about me coming here???" She looked at me for the first time.
Those eyes!!!!!!!!! "Why should I???", she retorted . I was getting confused!!! Isn't this the same girl who didn't likeme??? Who didn't love me?? So why doesn't she just say no without going through all this drama?? I was looking at her confused.
"Its very simple Kishore. When you proposed to me five years back Iwas not in love with you. I know you are a kind and smart guy who will make a great husband and will make a perfect dad for my kids. But the situation now is not the same as we had in college.
Now our association is happening with the complete guidance of our parents. If it weren't for you there would be somebody else who would havecome to see me. I would have to like him and try and love him after we get married. But now I have a chance to live with some one whom I haveknown and whom I have a deep respect.
And to tell you the truth. I had started loving you after you had proposed to me but I wasn't sure whether to tell you and was afraid about what our parents would say. I suffered in silence and watched you helplessly as you tried toavoid me. I couldn't forget you and half heartedly accepted ,when myparents wanted me to get married. But when I saw your photo then I couldn't control my happiness. I was overjoyed when I learnt that you had accepted to come to ourplace.But you are talking to me as if you hadn't known it was me. I ....."
She stopped as she tried to calm herself. Then she looked at me. There were tears in her eyes. "I want to marry you Kishore I want to be a part of your life" she hurriedly wiped her tears as we heard our parents coming down. I was dumb struck. I couldn't think about anything. There was some conversation about me and Geetha hailing from the same college. But none of it was entering my ears. After a while we had to leave. We had agreed that no matter what the decision is we wouldn't announce it in their home and would inform after reaching home and having a discussion among ourselves. So we left without saying anything and promised that we will get back to them. I was driving silently as my parents were talking loudly about howmuch they liked the girl.
"She was looking exactly like Mahalakshmi, think she would be perfect for our home", my mom remarked. I didn't reply.

No comments: